Tips to throw the greenest holiday bash
(NC) The holiday season brings a houseful of food, gifts, and guests. This year, when making your to do list and checking it twice, be sure to include these quick tips from TD Friends of the Environment Foundation to make your party a green and affordable one.
1. DIY Décor: Spruce up your décor with nature-inspired do-it-yourself projects. Make festive decorations made from twigs, twine, and other natural materials, like pinecone garland.
2. Festive doggy bags: Send your guests home with leftover treats in decorated reusable containers, like mason jars.
3. Turn down the heat: Keep the thermostat turned down a few degrees and leave extra blankets on couches and chairs to help keep guests warm. Create extra cozy vibes with soy or bees wax candles.
4. Dim the lights: Turn down the chandeliers and lamps and string a few LED holiday lights across the dining room to save energy and create a soft glow reminiscent of your favourite fireside café.
5. Get out your fancy china: Clean up can be a daunting task, but consider using your reusable plates and cutlery and pass on wasteful plastic products. The holidays are the perfect time to dazzle your guests with the A-list treatment.