This combination of fresh Ontario vegetables and lamb is a winner, in this fast, delicious and colourful dinner that will be a hit with Easter guests. Serve on hot buttered noodles, rice or couscous.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 Ontario Greenhouse Cucumber
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 lb (500 g) lean boneless Ontario Lamb (preferably loin), thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) minced Ontario Shallots (or 1 small Ontario Onion, minced)
- 3 cups (750 mL) sliced Ontario Mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each dried thyme and rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) each dry Ontario White Wine and chicken broth (or all broth)
- 2 large Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) fresh lemon juice
Quarter cucumber lengthwise; slice crosswise and set aside.
In medium bowl, combine 2 tbsp (25 mL) of the flour, salt and pepper; add lamb and toss to coat. In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat; brown lamb 3 to 4 minutes per side, in batches if necessary. Transfer to bowl.
Add shallots and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes. Add reserved cucumber, garlic, thyme and rosemary; cook 2 minutes. Sprinkle in remaining flour and cook for 1 minute. Stir in wine and broth; bring to boil, scraping up browned bits. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reduce heat to low. Return lamb and any juices to pan. Stir in tomatoes and lemon juice and heat through.
- Protein: 27 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrate: 16 grams
- Calories: 308
- Fibre: 2 grams
- Sodium: 275 mg
Source: Foodland Ontario