(NC)—While the weather outside is frightful, your style can still be delightful. This winter, don’t sacrifice warmth or style – just follow these tips and tricks on how to best care for winter fabrics, so you can leave the house feeling warm, cozy and fashionable every day.
• Stay warm in winter wools. Soften rough fabrics by washing clothes with Ultra Downy Free & Sensitive, a liquid fabric softener that is free of dyes and perfumes and provides outstanding softening and cleaning.
• Don’t get bent out of shape. Woolen fabrics will hold their shape best if laid flat to dry.
• Turn out those pockets. Be sure to clean your winter jacket pockets of tissues and lip balm before loading into the washing machine.
• Never neglect your accessories. Mittens, hats and scarves need to be washed just as often as our other clothing. Try using Tide Free & Gentle, a dye and perfume free liquid laundry detergent, specially designed for sensitive skin.
• Keep fleece fluffy. Wash fleece clothing inside-out and machine-dry on low to keep it soft and prevent pilling.
• Check it twice: Be sure to consult laundry care labels on all clothing, remember – different fabrics need different care.
More laundry tips and tricks can be found online at www.tide.ca.